Here’s the great thing about turf – it can be laid pretty ANY time of year in the UK (weather permitting) thanks to our relatively mild weather. However, there is a super optimum time to lay it…. and that’s NOW! If you’re reading this, and it’s September, and you’ve been thinking about laying a new lawn, NOW IT THE BEST TIME TO DO IT!
- We’ve been caring for, growing, nurturing and tending to our turf throughout all of spring and summer. And while our turf is premium all year round, in September and October it is the peak of the peak condition. In other words, stunning lawn coming your way.
- It’s not deadly hot, nor is it freezing cold outside. This makes it ideal weather for laying turf, whether you do it yourself or get a landscaper to do it for you (need a landscaper by the way? We work with many throughout the country and can point you in the direction of a trusted one). No excess sweating, no freezing your toes and fingers off, no need to drink every five second or wear 50 layers of clothes. That lawn can get laid in ease. (But do remember to keep hydrated by drinking lots of water, and wear sunscreen if it’s sunny!). Ahhhhh…..
- It’s cooler during the day, so turf stays fresher for longer when it’s rolled up. You can take a little extra time creating an amazing, nourishing base for your turf without worrying about the super hot weather drying it out quickly. Remember that preparation is KEY, so check out our turf laying guide for instructions (we also sell all the topsoils you’ll need, so just ask us!).
- The soil in the garden is nice and easy to work with in September, it’s not frozen nor is it super dry.
- You won’t need to water your new lawn as often as you would if it was laid in summer, saving you cash and the environment!
There are many more reasons, but we’ll save that for another blog post.
To order your turf, call us and we’ll arrange delivery. If you’re not sure how much you need, use the turf calculator on the products page. And if you don’t want to lay it yourself, we can recommend some of our trusted landscapers to help you out.